Skip to main content

A Mondate to Remember

 TODAY IS THE BEST MONDAY EVER! 



These are the words that my 4-year-old daughter uttered after having a half-day date with me last Monday. Because she had no school that day, we decided to have a "date", which consisted of going to the bank, eating out, shopping, and buying some groceries. 


Our day started with having breakfast at home. Then, at around 9 am, we headed to our first stop: the bank! I go to the bank once every two months to get my pay for my part-time teaching job, and I tagged Tala along this time. It was very timely since she was getting curious about how I exchange my paychecks to cash. So, I asked her to come with me so that she can see firsthand how it is done. 

When we got to the bank, there were no other customers other than ourselves, which is usually the case that's why I love going to this particular branch -- a bonus that it's the nearest branch to our home! Tala sat on the seat while I spoke with the teller on the counter. We waited for the cash for about 10 minutes, and every 2 minutes or so, Tala would say, "There's nothing to do in here... I didn't know banks are boring". Haha! Yes, Tala, adults are boring! Kidding aside, yeah, people do serious and adulting tasks in banks, which are almost always boring for kids. 



Ok, off to our second destination! The mall! We were supposed to go to Peace Book Center, which is a big bookstore with all sorts of school supplies and art materials, but Tala changed her mind and said that she did not want to buy a watercolor pen anymore (similar to what Anna her Teacher friend brought on their art date the previous day). 

So, we decided to go to Chip Mong Megamall, which is just 7 minutes from home and 5 minutes from the bank. Our first stop in the mall: H&M! Tala loves window shopping there! She tried shoes on, and looked at different shirts and dresses that she said she would buy when it's already on sale. (Good training, Nanay!) And my eyes are trained to look for on-sale racks, too! We found a pink long-sleeved top on sale, so we bought it! It was cold in the mall anyway so it was a good buy! 



After about an hour at H&M, we decided to have lunch at Master Grill. Tala wanted to eat their crispy chicken and rice, but unfortunately, the restaurant was still closed at 10:30 am. So we decided to just eat fried chicken, spring rolls, and rice at the food court. Tala loved their crispy chicken so much!!! 



What's next after having lunch? More window shopping at Miniso and Kohnan Japan. These stores are similar to Daiso, which has anything and everything under the sun, like school supplies, cleaning supplies, makeup, snacks, and more! She bought a small drawing book and she's so excited to use it at home.



Last stop is grocery time! Tala enjoyed pushing the carts -- this mall just opened a few months ago so the wheels of carts are still smooth). We bought a lot of snacks for school! Yum! 


We rode a tuktuk going home. When we got home, it was already 12:45 in the afternoon. We were just out for less than 4 hours and yet, Tala already felt that it's the best Monday ever! 

At that moment, I realized how thankful I am for having a part-time job that I can push aside for a day or two in case Tala needs me. And I am more thankful for the blessing of Emman's stable job that can sustain us in our comfortable lives regardless if I work or not. 




I know that Tala had more fun Mondays in the past, but I know this is one of the more meaningful ones. She feels that this Monday is the best Monday ever because she felt special during our "date". I hope she will always remember this moment when we simply had fun together without needing to do extravagant things. Indeed, the best Monday ever for Nanay and Tala! 



Comments

Travel Videos

Popular posts from this blog

4 Things You Must Say to Your Child Every Day

  As parents, we say many things to our kids every day… We give reminders about school, we check if they have done their errands, we ask if they ate healthy snacks, and so on.  But what if I tell you, of all the stuff that we tell our kids every day, there are 4 simple sentences that are essential for us to tell them every day?  Let us start with the first one.   I love you! The most important message that our kids need to hear from us every day is “I love you!”  “I love you without any conditions!” As a parent, it is important to understand that it is our job to love our children unconditionally.  No matter how they show up, tell them “I love you!” Even if they mess up, the message is still the same - “I love you!” Letting our kids know that we love them is such a powerful message that triggers positive emotions and feelings of security.                    ...

6 Habits to Boost Mindfulness

  6 Habits to Boost Mindfulness  To live in the present and to focus our attention to our own thoughts and experiences —- these are the most salient aspects of mindfulness, a state of mind characterized by awareness and acceptance.   Mindfulness has provided people with many benefits. According to Grace Bullock of Mindful.org, mindfulness enables us to live in the present, which significantly reduces anxieties that anticipating the future or reliving the past bring. Also, mindfulness helps us to observe our thoughts, manage our emotions, and control our actions when dealing with difficult situations.  With our aim to become more focused in the present, here are 6 habits that can help us practice more mindfulness in our daily lives. Breathe  We take 10,000 breaths a day, even during our sleep. But the question is, how many of these breaths are we really conscious about? We can practice mindful breathing by focusing our attention on the natural rhythm of our ...

Making Your Microphone Sound Better

  Learn how to make your microphone sound better with these 5 easy steps.  Imagine these scenarios: …  a podcaster with poor sound quality during streams … an online worker with a lot of background noise during presentations … a gamer with poor audio quality during team games These disasters can easily be addressed by making your microphone sound better!  Read through this article to find out how.  Steps on How to Make a Microphone Sound Better  There are many ways on how to improve the audio quality of microphones. This article highlights five of the most important ones that will surely enhance the quality of your recordings.  Microphone Positioning  One of the most important ways of making the most out of your microphone is to position it in a place that will record your voice without interference from any noise source in the room. These are ways on how to properly position your microphone.  Keep it away from the desk   It is reco...