Ephesians 3:16
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.
Have you ever experienced getting extremely physically exhausted after doing a strenuous activity?
Similarly, have you ever felt emotionally or spiritually drained after facing a challenging ordeal? I believe that we all have encountered these situations at one point of our lives.
In my experience, physical exhaustion is easy to address. You just drink water, sit down and relax, eat, then sleep, and then you will regain your physical strength the next day.
But, emotional exhaustion is another thing. Sometimes, we just do not know the right formula to replenish our drained emotional and spiritual tanks.
What do you do when you are emotionally exhausted? Do you watch movies? Eat out? Spend time with friends? Go to parties? The list of what we do when we need a break is endless and varied.
In my experience, to refill my happy tank, I
Watch my favorite comedy show
Eat my favorite ice cream
Spend time with my friends
Play with my daughter
But were these successful in strengthening my inner happiness? Yes. Though only temporarily.
Yes, these only created temporary happiness. These activities did not satisfy a deep longing in my heart to sustain the will to be happy, to be more generous, to be more loving.
For months, or years maybe, I felt that my spiritual exhaustion has been going to the next level. Like, it was hard to feel really happy from my core.
And then I realized that I wanted to pray. At that time, I could not even remember the last time that I prayed.
I remembered how in my younger years, I felt so at peace and so happy because I had a rich prayer life.
I really wanted to pray. But I just did not know what to pray for.
With the grace of God, while I was scrolling my phone one morning, I saw the Bible app that has been installed and unopened in my phone for quite some time.
I opened the app, and I tried watching a pastor’s video reflection of that day’s Bible verse. I watched it. And I read the reflection afterwards. And the words in it just struck me. Like it was talking to me.
God helped me reach down to the depths of my spirit and helped me understand what I really wanted to pray for.
For weeks, I have been religiously doing the daily Bible verse reflections, and indeed, I have
I feel that because the spirit of God dwells within me, I am a much more patient and caring mother and wife.
Gone were the days when I would easily snap about small things. I am more relaxed knowing that God is working within me.
Ephesians 3:16 is reminding us that the true strength of our being comes in God alone. We may turn to other worldly things for comfort, but these may just be temporary and could eventually make our lives worse.
We are challenged to continuously seek the guidance of God’s spirit for strength, comfort, and growth. Read the Bible, pray, and reflect.
Through his glorious riches, he will strengthen our inner being even more.

Comments
Post a Comment